Sunday 23 February 2014

Dignity Kitchen

First time volunteering at Dignity Kitchen and it was a wonderful experience! 
Essentially, Dignity Kitchen is a social enterprise, providing training programs to the disadvantaged, physically-challenged and low-income families on Hawker Management. At Dignity Kitchen, the learners get to pick up cooking skills, hawker management and people management skills as they practise realtime at the operating hawker stalls.
Thanks to the Corporate Responsibility module I'm currently studying, I began to understand how noble social enterprises are and I salute them for doing their part for the society.

Today is Elders' Day Out, we guided the elderly from the bus drop-off to Dignity Kitchen to have their meals and entertain them. 


This granny is the champion of the lot, she walks relatively fast and always overtaking the others. Haha! Asked her what's her age and she told me that she's 25. So cute! 




Another granny who refused to smile because she has no teeth, but in the end she did when I kissed her! Love her!

The purpose of the event was to make the elderly happy, but seeing the smiles on their faces I think they make me happier (:

Lastly, I'm sooo glad to be doing this with my girls because everything is better with them!! (And yay to getting our school tees!) 






No comments:

Post a Comment